Valerian root is an herb that is commonly used as a natural remedy for insomnia, anxiety, and other conditions. It is derived from the root of the valerian plant, which is native to Europe and parts of Asia. Valerian root contains compounds that have sedative properties and can promote relaxation.
Valerian root is available in many forms, including capsules, tablets, tinctures, and teas. It is generally considered safe when taken as recommended. Although some people may experience side effects such as dizziness, headaches, and upset stomach. It is important to talk to your healthcare provider before taking valerian root. Especially if you are taking other medications or have a medical condition.
Valerian Root Benefits
It is believed to have a range of potential health benefits, including:
- Promoting relaxation and reducing anxiety: It contains compounds that have been shown to have a calming effect on the brain and nervous system, which may help reduce anxiety and promote relaxation.
- Relieving muscle tension and pain: Valerian root has been shown to have muscle-relaxing properties, which may help relieve muscle tension and pain.
- Reducing menstrual cramps: It has been traditionally used to relieve menstrual cramps, and some studies have suggested that it may be effective in reducing the severity of cramps.
- Lowering blood pressure: It may help lower blood pressure in people with hypertension, although more research is needed to confirm this potential benefit.
Valerian Root Tea
It is commonly used as a natural remedy for insomnia and anxiety, as it is believed to have sedative properties that promote relaxation and help improve sleep. To make tea, you can follow these steps:
- Bring water to a boil in a pot or kettle.
- Measure out 1 to 2 teaspoons of dried valerian root per cup of water.
- Place it in a tea infuser or strainer and place it in a mug.
- Pour the boiling water over it and let it steep for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the tea infuser or strainer and enjoy your tea.
Its tea may have a strong, earthy taste that some people find unpleasant. You can add honey or lemon to the tea to improve its flavor, if desired.
Valerian Root for Sleep
It is commonly used as a natural remedy for insomnia and other sleep disorders. Its sedative properties may help improve the quality of sleep and increase the amount of time spent in deep sleep.
Valerian Root Oil
- Its oil is an essential oil that is derived from the roots of the valerian plant. It is extracted through steam distillation of the dried roots. It is commonly used in aromatherapy to promote relaxation and relieve anxiety.
- Dilute oil with a carrier oil such as coconut or jojoba oil, and applied topically to the skin. It can also be used in a diffuser or added to bathwater for a relaxing soak. It is important to follow the recommended dosage of its oil when using it. Dont consume too much may cause side effects.
It is also recommended to talk to your healthcare provider before using this oil to treat any health condition. Especially if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have a medical condition. This oil should not be used as a replacement for prescribed medications without consulting with a healthcare professional first.
To learn more about herbs follow us on Instagram “Vedomaxherbs” and for order visit our shop page Vedomax.com.
VedoMax Valerian Root | Valerian Root TeaProduct on saleFrom ₹310.00