Mulethi, also known as licorice root, is a medicinal herb with various health benefits. According to Ayurvedic medicine, it is beneficial for hyperacidity, ulcers, joint pains, and general debility due to its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
It can also act as an antacid and aphrodisiac. Regular use of mulethi helps to boost immunity by helping the body produce lymphocytes and macrophages that protect the body from microbes. Mulethi roots contain phytoestrogenic compounds that are beneficial for women suffering from mood swings, exhaustion, hot flashes, menopause symptoms, and hormonal imbalance problems. It also provides relief from menstrual cramps and regulates the flow during menstruation. This is due to the cortisol production of mulethi which affects the brain. In an extracted form, mulethi has proven the ability to reduce and protect against liver disease such as Hepatitis C and Cirrhosis, promoting a healthy liver. Mulethi is also an excellent digestive herb that reduces the formation of gas in the alimentary canal, thus reducing flatulence, bloating, and abdominal distension.
Common Names of Mulethi Roots
Glycyrrhiza glabra – Licorice – Sweet Root – Black Sugar – Common Licorice – Sweetwood – Liquorice
5 Mulethi roots Benefits
Mulethi, also known as licorice root, is a medicinal herb that used for thousands of years in traditional Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine. Here are 5 potential benefits of mulethi root:
- Soothes sore throat: Mulethi root has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that make it an effective natural remedy for sore throat. It helps to reduce inflammation and irritation in the throat and also helps to fight off infections.
- Supports digestive health: Mulethi root is known to soothe the lining of the digestive system and reduce inflammation in the gut. It also helps to reduce acidity and aids in digestion by increasing the production of digestive juices and enzymes.
- May boost immunity: Mulethi root contains compounds that shown to boost immunity and help fight infections. It helps to stimulate the production of white blood cells and increases the activity of natural killer cells in the body.
- Supports respiratory health: Mulethi root is a natural expectorant, which means it helps to break up and expel mucus from the respiratory system. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce inflammation in the airways and ease breathing.
- May help with skin health: Mulethi root contains compounds that have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which may help to improve skin health. It is usually used to treat skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, and acne.
To learn more about herbs follow us on Instagram at “Vedomaxherb” and to order visit our shop page Vedomax.com.
Vedomax Mulethi, Licorice Root, Yashtimadhu, Mulhati, Jethimadh, Aslussoos, Glycyrrhiza GlabraProduct on saleFrom ₹69.00
VedoMax Mulethi Licorice Root Powder – Yashtimadhu – Mulhati – Jethimadh – Glycyrrhiza GlabraProduct on saleFrom ₹219.00