Amba haldi powder is made from the roots of the Amba haldi plant, which is also known as mango ginger. It is commonly used in Indian cuisine as a spice and is known for its medicinal properties such as anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. It has a mild flavor also it is used as a substitute for regular turmeric powder.
The Amba Haldi plant is a type of wild turmeric which found mainly in India. It has a distinctive yellow-orange color and a slightly bitter taste. Amba Haldi powder is commonly used in Ayurvedic and traditional medicine for its various health benefits.
5 Amba Haldi Powder Benefits
- Anti-inflammatory properties: It contains curcumin, a compound known for its potent anti-inflammatory properties. It can help reduce inflammation in the body, which may be beneficial for conditions such as arthritis, asthma, and allergies.
- Antioxidant properties: Amba Haldi powder is rich in antioxidants, which can help protect the body against oxidative stress and prevent cellular damage caused by free radicals.
- Digestive health: Amba Haldi powder is believed to help improve digestive health by increasing the production of digestive enzymes and reducing inflammation in the gut.
- Skin health: It is used in various skin care products due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It can help reduce acne, improve skin complexion, and promote wound healing.
- Respiratory health: It is believed to be effective in treating respiratory conditions such as bronchitis and asthma due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
It can be used in various ways, including adding it to curries, smoothies, or milk, or applying it topically as a paste or mask.
How to use Amba haldi powder for face
- mba Haldi powder face mask: Mix 1-2 teaspoons of it with 1-2 teaspoons of honey or plain yogurt to form a paste. Apply the paste on your face, avoiding the eye area, and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry. This mask can help reduce acne, improve skin tone, and promote a healthy glow.
- Amba Haldi powder and milk cleanser: Mix 1-2 teaspoons of Amba Haldi powder with enough milk to form a paste. Gently massage the paste onto your face in circular motions for a few minutes, then rinse off with warm water and pat dry. This cleanser can help remove dirt, oil, and impurities from the skin, leaving it clean and refreshed.
- Amba Haldi powder and rosewater toner: Mix 1-2 teaspoons of it with enough rosewater to form a paste. Apply the paste on your face using a cotton pad or ball and leave it on for a few minutes before rinsing off with warm water. This toner can help soothe and hydrate the skin, reduce redness and inflammation, and promote an even skin tone.
It is important to do a patch test before using it on the face to check for any adverse reactions. It is recommended to consult a dermatologist before using it for the face. Especially if you have sensitive skin or are prone to allergies.
How to use Amba haldi powder for skin
- Face mask: Mix 1-2 teaspoons of its powder with 1-2 teaspoons of honey or aloe vera gel to form a paste. Apply the paste on your face and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry. This mask can help reduce acne, improve skin tone, and promote a healthy glow.
- Body scrub: Mix 1-2 teaspoons of powder with 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil or olive oil and a tablespoon of sugar. Gently massage the mixture onto your skin in circular motions, focusing on rough areas like elbows and knees. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry. This scrub can help exfoliate dead skin cells, unclog pores, and improve skin texture.
- Bath soak: Add 1-2 teaspoons of powder to your bath water and soak for 15-20 minutes. This bath soak can help detoxify the skin, reduce inflammation, and soothe irritated skin.
- Spot treatment: Mix 1-2 teaspoons of Amba Haldi powder with a few drops of water to form a paste. Apply the paste on acne spots or blemishes and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry. This spot treatment can help reduce inflammation and redness and promote healing.
How to Make Amba haldi powder at Home
To make this powder at home, wash and peel fresh turmeric roots. Slice them thinly and sun-dry until crisp. Grind the dried slices into a fine powder and store them in an airtight container. Add dried mango powder (amchur) to taste for the signature tanginess. Use as a spice or in skincare DIYs.
To learn more about herbs follow us on Instagram “Vedomaxherbs” and for order visit our shop page Vedomax.com.
Buy Amba Haldi Powder
VedoMax Amba Haldi – Aamba – Aama Haldi – Kasturi Haldi – Curcuma Amada – Wild TurmericProduct on saleFrom ₹69.00
VedoMax Amba Haldi Powder – Aama Haldi Powder – Kasturi Haldi Powder – Curcuma Amada – Wild Turmeric PowderProduct on saleFrom ₹209.00