Afsanteen Booti, also known as Wormwood herb, is a perennial plant that grows in the Mediterranean region and central Asia. It has been used for centuries for its medicinal properties, including treating digestive issues, fever, and pain. Afsanteen Booti is also used in traditional medicine to promote good health and well-being.
Wormwood has a long history of use in traditional medicine, as well as in the production of absinthe, a highly alcoholic spirit. The plant contains a compound called thujone. Its characteristic bitter taste has been shown to have various medicinal properties.
Botanical Name of Afsanteen
The botanical name of Afsanteen is Artemisia absinthium Linn.
7 Benefits of Afsanteen Booti
- Digestive aid: It has traditionally been used to improve digestion, stimulate the appetite, and alleviate digestive problems such as bloating, flatulence, and stomach cramps.
- Anti-inflammatory: It has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to reduce inflammation in the body and alleviate pain and swelling.
- Antimicrobial: Wormwood has antimicrobial properties. It has been shown to be effective against a range of microorganisms, including bacteria, fungi, and parasites.
- Anti-cancer: Some studies have suggested that wormwood may have anti-cancer properties. It may help to slow the growth and spread of cancer cells.
- Neuroprotective: It has been shown to have neuroprotective properties. Helpful to protect the brain and nervous system from damage.
- Anxiety and depression: It has been traditionally used as a natural remedy for anxiety and depression. Some studies have suggested that it may help to alleviate these conditions.
- Menstrual cramps: Wormwood has traditionally been used to alleviate menstrual cramps. Some studies have suggested that it may be effective for this purpose.
- Herbal tea: Steep 1-2 teaspoons of dried Afsanteen herb in a cup of boiling water for 5-10 minutes. Drink 1-2 cups per day.
- Tincture: Wormwood tincture can be prepared by steeping the dried herb in alcohol for several weeks. Take 10-20 drops in a small amount of water, 2-3 times per day.
- Essential oil: Its essential oil can be used in aromatherapy or diluted in a carrier oil and applied topically to the skin. It’s important to dilute the essential oil before applying it to the skin. It can be irritating in its concentrated form.
- Capsules: It is available in capsule form, which can be taken orally as directed on the product label.
It’s important to note that wormwood contains a compound called thujone, which can be toxic in high doses. Therefore, it’s important to use wormwood under the guidance of a qualified healthcare professional. Additionally, wormwood should be avoided during pregnancy and breastfeeding. It should not be used by individuals with seizure disorders or liver disease.
To learn more about herbs follow us on Instagram “Vedomaxherbs” and for order visit our shop page Vedomax.com.
Vedomax Afsanteen – Artemisia Absinthium – WormwoodProduct on saleFrom ₹69.00