Introduction of Jatamansi Plant
Jatamansi, known as Nardostachys Jatamansi, is a small, rhizomatous perennial herb that belongs to the family Valerianaceae. It grows on moist, steep, rocky, undisturbed grassy slopes of India, Nepal, China, and Bhutan.
As mentioned in Ayurveda, it has been used in various herbal formulations including dietary supplements. Although important traditional drug is also used to treat epilepsy, hysteria, syncope, convulsions, and mental weakness.
Benefits of Jatamansi
The rhizomes of the plant are used in the Ayurvedic system of medicine as a bitter tonic, stimulant, antispasmodic, and to treat hysteria, convulsions, and epilepsy. Moreover root is medically used to treat insomnia and blood, circulatory, and mental disorders.
As per Ayurveda, Jatamansi oil helps in reducing hair fall and promotes hair growth when applied to the scalp, this is because hair fall is mainly due to an aggravated Vata dosha in the body. Jatamansi or its oil acts on hair fall by balancing Tridosha (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha dosha).
The best way to extract the goodness of the herb for hair growth is by infusing it in oil. Put it in either coconut or sesame oil overnight and use the infused oil on your hair roots and shaft the next day.
- It is helpful for the brain and May relieve symptoms of seizures, vertigo, etc., in fever.
- The oil of jatamansi may have antiarrhythmic (alleviates heartbeat irregularities) properties. Although oil is beneficial for silky, smooth, and healthy hair.
- Although beneficial for hypertension.
- Although may be beneficial in the case of scorpion stings.
- It may be the potential to increase appetite.
- May be beneficial for the liver.
- It may have phlegm-relieving properties.
How to Use It
Jatamansi can be used in the following ways:
- It may be used in powder form.
- Jatamansi oil is applied to hair as it is beneficial for smooth, healthy, and silky hair.
- Tapaswani and Bhytajata in Sanskrit
- Indian spikenard, Musk-root, and Indian nard in English
- Balchara in Hindi
- Jatamavshi in Marathi
- Jatamamsi in Bengali
- Bhutijata in Kashmiri
- Billilotan in Punjabi
- Jatamanji in Tamil
- Jatamamsi in Assamese
VedoMax Jatamansi Root | Baalchad | NardostachysProduct on saleFrom ₹499.00