Dill seeds are small, oval-shaped seeds that come from the dill plant. They have a unique flavor that is often described as slightly sweet and tangy, with a hint of anise. These are commonly used in pickling and canning, as well as in spice blends for seasoning dishes like soups, stews, and roasted vegetables. In traditional medicine, dill seeds are believed to have anti-inflammatory and digestive properties. They are also used as a natural remedy for menstrual cramps and to increase milk production in breastfeeding mothers. Overall, these seeds are versatile ingredients with a variety of culinary and medicinal uses.
5 Dill Seeds Benefits
- It has a unique flavor and is commonly used in culinary dishes.
- They also offer several potential health benefits.
- These are low in calories, keep the gut healthy, rich in antioxidants, and boost immunity.
- These seeds can control diabetes, reduce respiratory disorders, aid in controlling blood cholesterol levels, and improve bone health.
- It also has traditional medicinal uses, including anti-inflammatory and digestive properties, relief from menstrual cramps, and increasing milk production in breastfeeding mothers.
Dill Seeds Uses
- Add them to bread, soups, or vegetable dishes: Dill seeds have a strong, slightly sweet flavor that pairs well with many different foods. They can be added whole or crushed, and they will add a subtle flavor boost to any dish.
- Use them to make dill pickles: They are a key ingredient in dill pickles, and they give the pickles their signature flavor. You can either buy dill pickle seasoning, or you can make your own by combining dill seeds, salt, and other spices.
- Sprinkle them on salads or yogurt: It adds a nice crunch and flavor to salads and yogurt. They can also be used to make a simple salad dressing by combining it with olive oil, vinegar, and salt.
- Use them to flavor fish or chicken: Dill seeds are a great way to add flavor to fish or chicken. Simply rub the fish or chicken with these seeds, salt, and pepper, and then cook as usual.
- Add them to tea or coffee: They can be added to tea or coffee for a subtle flavor boost. They can also be used to make dill tea by steeping dill seeds in hot water for a few minutes.
It can be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dark place for up to a year.
To learn more about herbs follow us on Instagram “Vedomaxherbs” and for order visit our shop page Vedomax.com.
VedoMax Dill Seeds | Suva Seeds | Suva Dana | Dill (Suwa) Seeds, –Product on saleFrom ₹179.00